10 Popular Altcoins or Cryptocurrency Alternatives to Bitcoin to Consider
Cryptocurrencies are everywhere and we cannot deny that! Here are 10 popular cryptocurrency alternatives to Bitcoin to keep in mind!
The world of digital currencies is getting pretty crowded with the popular Bitcoins and all other altcoins. The massive explosion in prominence and price of Bitcoin has led to an expansion of dozens of other digital currencies. In the meantime, the companies are betting that blockchain technology could change the economy for good, leading to a flow in the Blockchain projects.
The Ultimate Rise of the Altcoins
In this article, we will present you the most popular alternatives to Bitcoin to keep in mind when investing in cryptocurrencies. A lot of these alternatives are blockchain experiments that use the sale of digital coins to fuel the network and fund the project.
Please keep in mind that the information we are going to present in this article are just a quick overview and if you are interested in buying some. Also, you need to keep in mind that buying some of these altcoins is not so easy. In most cases, you will likely need to have Bitcoin or Ethereum first.
- Ethereum – After Bitcoin, this is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies on the market. Companies and organizations are enamored with this technology because of its smart contract features.
- Ripple – Another cryptocurrency alternative to keep in mind. While much of the cryptocurrency space was made in defiance of the classic banking space, the intent of this cryptocurrency has always been to aid the sector. The company said that more and more businesses are expected to use Ripple cryptocurrency or XRP in payments and transactions this year.
- Bitcoin Cash – You probably have heard about Bitcoin Cash until now. Its most important attribute is its decentralized structure. Last year, there was a small disagreement within the community over how to solve scaling problems. This small disagreement led to the creation of Bitcoin Cash.
- Cardano – Like any other cryptocurrency, Cardano can be used to transfer fund online, however, its developers have plans to create a platform that can run smart contracts and financial applications.
- Litecoin – This popular cryptocurrency has created as a fork from Bitcoin. Its focus is faster settlement goal. They aim to settle all transactions in less than 3 minutes which is great compared to 10 minutes for Bitcoin.
- Stellar – This cryptocurrency is improving the way banks, people, and payment networks move their money. The founder of Stellar is Jed McCaleb, which built and sold MT.Gox which was the first Bitcoin exchange. The currency is called lumens.
- NEO – Another popular cryptocurrency you could take into consideration when planning to invest. NEO is all about creating the framework for the new and smart economy, an economy where digital assets are easily and quickly moved, where smart contracts make everything work perfectly, and where digital identity is safe.
- Dash – Of all cryptocurrencies out there, this is one of the few that is intended to be utilized by the people to purchase products and services. It is a lot like Bitcoin, even though the developers are trying to learn from the mistakes made when creating Bitcoin.
- Modero – One of its greatest features is its perceived anonymity. So, if you are looking for a way to buy cryptocurrencies and not go through a complicated verification process, this is the best option for you.
- TRON – This cryptocurrency is interested in taking on YouTube and Facebook for creative types. The founder, Justin Sun, is worth following on Twitter.
So, what do you think about these altcoins? Are you going to invest in some of them?